Sunday, October 16, 2011

Michele Bachmann Accidentally Calls for Higher Taxes On The Wealthy

Michele Bachmann Accidentally Calls for Higher Taxes On The Wealthy




During a Thursday morning appearance on Fox News, Michele Bachmann announced her intention to roll back 30 years of tax breaks for the wealthy by going back to the tax rates under Ronald Reagan.

“For my tax plan, I take a page out of one of my great economists that I admire, Ronald Reagan,” Bachmann stated. “And under my tax plan I want to adopt the Reagan tax plan. It brought the economic miracle of the 1980s. Why not go with what works? I want to reinstitute the Reagan tax model from the 1980s.”


Of course Bachmann just made an accidental gaffe. Any intelligent person knows that tax rates were much higher during the Reagan Administration, including taxes on the wealthy and corporations. During Reagan’s first year in office, the top tax rate was 70%, and from 1982 to 1986, the top tax rate was 50%. So, I agree with Bachmann, let’s go back to those rates so we can see the economy flourish once again.


No comments:

Post a Comment